Wednesday 2 December 2009

The home straight

Two weeks left here in Brighton. It is exciting, especially for me because it is about 6 weeks until I return home for the first time in what will be 21 months. That is not to say that Sofie isn't excited too, but it is slightly different situations. I am going home, where I know people and where I fit in. To Sof, it is unfamiliar and she only knows me. One thing I do know, they will welcome her with open arms.

I am also starting to reflect more on the time that I have spent here. It has absolutely been an experience which I have grown up a lot. I felt before I left Australia I was too reliant on other people, but now I can stand on my own 2 feet as well as be there for Sof to rely on. This gives me a lot of confidence, and it will give me confidence to think that I might make a good father one day. But first, other things need to be sorted. Starting with finally leaving this house.

We have got some furniture to offload, the house to give another quick clean too. I hope that our housemates are going to finish the tasks that they told us they would, but we are not going to do them. There isn't too much more to do though. Which is exciting.

I will miss Brighton, and will always have fond memories of it. I will also view it as the place where I grew up completely. I have made some good friends here whom I will obviously miss but they will also have somewhere to visit now in the Southern Hemisphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment