Thursday 8 October 2009

Was it something I said?

I do not claim to be the most memorable person on this planet. I can walk down into the city centre in Brighton to know that there a hundreds more people than me walking around, who are more memorable than I care to be. I am just another face in the crowd, I do not dress to stand out. I do not draw attention to myself, just another bloke trying to make his way. But there are certain times when it is vital to be remembered, for example, a job interview.

I attended a job interview last Thursday at with Orange, and have since been checking my email constantly to see the results of this. Nothing too unusual about this except when the email does finally come through, it is somewhat of a shock to be declined for the position on the grounds that I apparently did not go to my interview! This made me curious, was it something I said? I am fairly certain that I did not dream going to the store for my interview. Do they have me confused with somebody else? Not certain, so trying to contact a communications company to find out if this is a case of mistaken identity or whether they rejected my application for another reason is not the simplist thing to do. I find myself again, waiting, checking my inbox at regular intervals to find out more information. I do not hold my breath.

I am sure it is all for a reason, just not sure what that is yet. Time will only tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment