Monday 26 October 2009

Homeward Bound

Things are starting to fall into place nicely. Still struggling to find work, and with my time here in the UK getting down to about 6 weeks then it is going to be difficult from here. I have however booked my ticket home. We have decided to go to Australia at seperate times, about 3 weeks apart to allow both of us to have some time alone with our families first. I am really looking forward to it. It is now starting to feel real, not just a pipe dream.

As of today, the spousal visa has been granted. This means that Sofie can enter Australia and work without any problems. The best news we have had for a very long time. Everything is coming together. We need to offload most of our stuff which we will probably give away to friends and charity.

I am determined that the last 6 weeks we spend here in beautiful Brighton will be our best. It helps that I have a friend from home living here and it has been great hanging out with him over the last few weeks. Today is a good day, the first day of the rest of our lives. The future is now in nobody's hands but our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment